Rev. Elouise Legacy Scholarship
The Rev. Elouise Legacy Scholarship May Provide Awards Annually Ranging Between $500 – $3000
The Rev. Elouise Oliver Legacy Scholarship Fund
The Rev. Elouise Oliver Legacy Scholarship Fund was established in 2016 and is supported by contributions from members and friends of the East Bay Church of Religious (EBCRS) community to support post-secondary educational opportunities for current members and their select family members (children, grandchildren, siblings).
The Rev. Elouise Legacy Scholarship may provide awards annually ranging between $500 – $3000. Awardees may be eligible for renewal of scholarships based on available funds and qualifying criteria.
Scholarships will be applied to the cost of undergraduate tuition, fees, room, board, books and other college expenses.
To receive consideration, applicants must:
- Demonstrate or provide proof of relationship to a current member* of EBCRS.
- Provide proof of either part-time (at least 6 units) or full-time enrollment in a post-secondary program leading to a two-year degree, four-year degree or certification.
- Contribute a minimum of 10 hours of community service within one year of scholarship disbursement.
*Relatives of members who are deceased are encouraged to apply.
Students may reapply/renew each year, but may not be eligible beyond a maximum of four consecutive years of undergraduate study, depending on the number of scholarship applicants.
The application and guidelines are available here, below.
The guidelines may also be picked up at the EBCRS Administrative office at:
4130 Telegraph Avenue
Oakland, CA 94603
The following items must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee by the published due date:
- Application completed in full.
- Unofficial or official transcript through the first semester of 12th grade for high school seniors, or most recent grade transcript for current college or vocational students.
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance (Ex. registration confirmation, class schedule, etc.) from qualifying institution with name of applicant listed.
- Write a 400 word or less essay
- One letter of recommendation from a member of the EBCRS Board, Ministerial Staff, or member in good standing at EBCRS. The Scholarship Committee has the option to include interviews as a part of the application process. Applicants will be notified after the application due date if necessary.
You May Upload Your Application in PDF or Word Document Using the Form Below
- Complete the application- no essay is required.
- Submit an unofficial or official transcript that satisfies a minimum of 2.0 GPA.
- Have completed at least 10 hours of EBCRS community service. Include description in the application under the volunteer question.
The committee reserves the right to rescind an award should a recipient’s circumstances change, such as failure to graduate from high school or failure to enroll or give proof of enrollment at an accredited institution. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to withhold the funds in the event that no applicants are deemed to meet the qualifications.
Funds will be distributed in full to the recipient(s) once the selection process is completed and all enrollment information is verified. Proof of enrollment will need to be provided for those who were not able to provide it with the application.