Date: September 25, 2021
Time: 10am – 12pm
Facilitator: Kelvin Potts
Program Director at Positive
For more information:
Rev. Anthony Jackson at 510.381.4343
A Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the start of the workshop
East Bay Church Spiritual Man Ministry Presents
An “All Men Only” Event
Saturday, September 25th • 10am to 12pm
The “Manhood Journey” is one that involves the socialization of masculinity. Boys and men are encouraged to reject or avoid anything stereotypically feminine, to be tough and aggressive, suppress emotions (other than anger), distance themselves emotionally and physically from other men, and strive toward competition, success, and power.
Creating safe spaces and building relationships, intended to explore masculinity and the impact of male socialization, provides an opportunity to discuss thoughts, values and behaviors associated with manhood. The stereotypes and toxic role modeling regarding masculinity must be acknowledged and discussed by men on the path of self-discovery. The awareness and practice of healthy balanced characteristics by men will increase success in family and community relationships and life satisfaction.
- Communicate and describe the barriers created by Male Socialization.
- Develop the capacity to recognize our own trauma and triggers.
- Examine and explore preconceived notions of what masculinity should be.
- Identify tools and practices to support transformative toxic male masculinity issues.
- Explore the need for men to develop the capacity to express a full range of emotions
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek”.
~ Barack Obama